News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Roctopus

Started by Roctopus, December 03, 2011, 04:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

Here is The Roctopus!
It's MB's DeadRinger (Fulltone Fulldrive 2). I love this pedal :)

Sorry but I don't have any guts shots :(

jkokura

booooo... Guts shots are my favourite part!

How do you find it? Tell us more about why you love it!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Roctopus

Quote from: jkokura on December 03, 2011, 04:09:36 AM
booooo... Guts shots are my favourite part!

How do you find it? Tell us more about why you love it!

Jacob

hahahaha...I'll post some guts shots later for sure ;)

I love it cause it has my little logo on it and because it is indeed a "DeadRinger" to the Fulltone Fulldrive 2. I'll probably end up selling my FtFd2 and only use the Roctopus :P

nzCdog

LaceSensor

Very interested to build this sometime

TNblueshawk

Very cool. + 1 on guts as we like to look  :)
John

Haberdasher

great looking pedal, congrats!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

dwstanford

Eight arms to rock you!  Awesome job.  How did you do that decal over black?  It looks great.  I love my deadringer as well.  I noticed the only difference between it and a fulldrive 2 was that unity gain was a bit higher on the dial on the deadringer (something like 2:00, vs. about 11:00 on the fd2.).  Minor difference.  I like to stack it with other overdrives, so i actually prefer the deadringer's lower output. 

snz728

Some good looking builds

Roctopus

Quote from: dwstanford on December 03, 2011, 02:50:13 PM
Eight arms to rock you!  Awesome job.  How did you do that decal over black?  It looks great.  I love my deadringer as well.  I noticed the only difference between it and a fulldrive 2 was that unity gain was a bit higher on the dial on the deadringer (something like 2:00, vs. about 11:00 on the fd2.).  Minor difference.  I like to stack it with other overdrives, so i actually prefer the deadringer's lower output. 

I noticed the same thing with the DeadRinger vs the FtFd2. Other than the unity gain they sound identical.

I didn't use a decal on this one. I actually had it laser engraved at a local trophy shop. I took them a plain black enclosure with my design idea and they did their magic on it. Basically they blast it and remove the paint to reveal the aluminum underneath.

Roctopus

dwstanford

Thats a great idea.  I never would have thought of that.  I'm gonna see if i can find anyone locally who would do that sort of thing.  It looks great.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Geez that is one clean engraving!! The whole set-up looks very professional to me.
I like your little logo too  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals