News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2 neutrinos - one box

Started by mattpoole, April 29, 2011, 05:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattpoole

i built a new pedal today, it is two neutrinos in a 1590bb. on both pcbs i used the resistor/cap recipe for the burst with the exception of c4, r3, and r4 where i used the changes recommended here... http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=160.0

i used asymmetrical clipping with a100k pots for drive and volume for one and symmetrical with a500k pots on the other. i used rc5448p chips for both.

the tone is a lot fuller one these than the black version i built a while back, however it doesn't cut quite as well. i actually need turn the tone all the way up. on my previous build i barely used the tone. i was shocked that the pedal with 100k pots is slightly louder than the 500k pedal and seems grittier, maybe that's the asymmetrical clipping.

i apologize for my wiring, i got lazy i guess. i also ran out of solder and had to use larger solder that i stopped using long ago because it is messy and doesn't melt well enough.

[attachment deleted by admin]

sgmezei

I dig the build. I built a burst version and did notice it was a bit bright. I am about to build a normal version, any recommendations? socketing certain parts or anything?

I dig the orange sparkle 8)

jkokura

Cool idea. I'd love to sit down with all the various versions of the eternity and really compare them. I think there's like 7 or so different iterations. Nice build.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

Nice job and thanks for the link to the suggestions... I'm tweaking a stripboard version of the burst right now  :)

gtr2

Cool!  Your knob/switch layout reminds me of the Barber Dual Discrete pedal.  I like the color too!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mattpoole

thanks guys.

Quote from: sgmezei on April 29, 2011, 06:15:00 AM
I am about to build a normal version, any recommendations? socketing certain parts or anything?
i think c4 drastically effected the tone control, so you may want to try a socket for that.

i am assuming the resistor changes are what is giving more low end, but i could be wrong. the low end is nice but there is a trade off, i seem be lacking some of the control with the drive that i had with my previous version. of course my first build was the black version, so there may be some caps and resistors attributing to the tonal differences.

matt