News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LoFi Looper - Loophole + JakeFuzz vibrato

Started by MattOcaster, September 14, 2012, 04:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattOcaster

2nd pedal looking pretty  ;D

Much thanks to JakeFuzz who made vibrato awesomeness possible!

Works great!
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

cajone5

gtr2

Invisible footswitches!  Why didn't I think of that  :o

Lookin good  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

rollo greb

Looks great! I'm building the same project, though I'm not quite as skilled in graphics. Right now I've got the looper working and I need to order some parts to add in the vibrato. What value pots did you use for the vibrato controls?

MattOcaster

Can't remember exactly about the pots, but I used the recommendations JakeFuzz posted in the Vibrato Mod threat.
Vibrato 100% worth it!
www.SonicTitanFx.com

JakeFuzz

Great looking build. I am glad to see someone has taken the plunge to put the vibrato mod in. How do you like it? Did you use the last recommended values for the pots? I really like mine and use it all the time. The detune control is a little wild but very fun. People trip out a little when they hear it  :D

alanp

Pretty tidy! I love the look :)

How did you do the footswitches?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

MattOcaster

Here are all the pics:

(Wiring about halfway through - even tight in a 1590BB!)

For the pots I used:
Depth 10k: 5K is MORE than enough for vibrato, over a quarter way up things get extreme.
Speed 50k Lin: reverese log would be better, especially as the faster vibrato speeds are in the last quarter turn.

Also, put a 50k trim pot in place of the 4k/30k resistor - but prob not necessary.
The voltage sits around 4.3V while playing. Using the Detune or LFO, anything under around 4V things get extreme.

I used a Dpdt toggle switch [the top mini one] for LFO and Detune. Get some cool sounds rotating the Detune while playing!
The second Dpdt [bottom mini toggle] disables the LFO/Detune - but ended up not that useful!

It's a nice Looper! But again, without the vibrato it loses a lot of functionality.
I do like that the looper playback sounds VERY different to the guitar sound so creates nice contrast.

My Boss RC-30 has a "Lofi" setting as well - actually does a pretty good job.
The Boss does maintain a lot more of the high-end, but I like the Loophole sound better :)

Again, thanks JakeFuzz - appreciate all the work you put in and sharing it on the forum :)
www.SonicTitanFx.com

nzCdog

Very cool... just about to have a go at this one myself and completely forgot jakefuzz's awesome vibrato mod! :-[  Can't wait, thanks for sharing ;D

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS