News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking C5 - Where can I get one?

Started by thetrend77, November 30, 2010, 05:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrend77

Does anyone know where I can get a 390n (.39uf) capacitor for the C5 on the Sunking project? I'm pretty much finished with mine, but I apparently forgot to order that one cap.

Also, for the GE diodes, I'm using a 1N270. Is that a good one to use? lol

Thanks for the info!

jkokura

1n34a or 1n270 diodes both have worked well for me.

I have the cap, but I'm in Canada so it will cost to get it to you. If anyone else can help, great. If not, I got yer back.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

thetrend77

Yeah I'd like to get it from smallbear, but I looked and looked and they don't have it :(

Btw, nice name, mine's Jacob too lol.

CRBMoA

The 39 is an odd (European) value. I wound up adding two caps (a 33 and whatever other cap in series that got me there, I don't have my notes).

thetrend77

jkokura

I think those are the caps I have.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

I will gladly ship you one if you need it (if your in the US).  Then you would save shipping for a cheap part.  PM me by tonight if interested.  I'll be going out of town tomorrow afternoon but I could slip it in the mail in the morning.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

I just got a bunch of these too (AVX ones). In fact, I may ship a few out as freebies with the next batch of Sunking boards. I don't think I need 100 of them.

thetrend77

Thanks for the offer guys, but I just went ahead and ordered the ones in the mouser link that was posted. That's a good idea though, Brian, since that's one of the harder ones to come by.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

camsna

I had the hardest time finding them, too. Mammoth Electronics (mammothelectronics.com) just got some in, Panasonic ECQ-v1h series in .39µf :)