News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller, dweller, dweller, dweller....

Started by stevenrun, May 04, 2012, 05:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenrun

I populated the board last week, but I had to wait for my PT2399 to come in before I could quickly wire this thing up and give it a test drive. By test drive, I mean play with it for 3 hours.

This thing is so much fun. I love the sounds it makes.

I didn't have a 750k ohm resistor so I combined a couple values and got within 20k, I think. Will need to replace that when I get a chance. 1/4 watt because that's what I have, and mostly ceramic disc caps because that's how I roll, lol.

I also picked up some of those 3PDT daughter boards to try out. Makes hooking up the switches and jacks and everything dead simple.

I'm going to use the 190B enclosure for this, but I'll still need to rewire. This is a very cool delay and really simple to build.

gtr2

It is fun fun fun fun fun fun fu fu fu fu f f f f . . . . .
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

icecycle66

I start building mine tonight!
-
-
-
-
-
-
Aaaaand the guts are done.
It sounds so juicy and sweet.
I can't wait to box it up in the morning and play with it.

kinski

Congrats! Mind if I ask how it sounds? Especially the white noise. I know a lot of pt2399 delays have white noise surrounding the delayed notes.

icecycle66

Are you getting a darker tone when you engage your Cave Dweller? whether or not the echo is going, I get a darker sound.  I like it right now, don't know if I'll change my mind later, I just wanted to know if anyone else is getting this tonal change.

calciferspit

Quote from: icecycle66 on May 09, 2012, 03:51:03 AM
Are you getting a darker tone when you engage your Cave Dweller? whether or not the echo is going, I get a darker sound.  I like it right now, don't know if I'll change my mind later, I just wanted to know if anyone else is getting this tonal change.

I get no tonal changes with the echo and dwell knobs down and the effect engaged. FWIW