News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Echo Friendly: Aquaboy

Started by TNblueshawk, May 17, 2012, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

First, without the help of Josh, gtr2, and Bean, this build might officially be in the "box of fail" as gginther says  :)  I learned a lot.

Worst looking guts of any build I've every done but everything works the way it should so all is well. I used the RRage to run at 15v and have the mod board and double delay board stuck on top of the PCB. These are all the "old" boards. I just had them laying around for a long time.

These are two good MN3005's. The other two sucked  >:( so the Dirtbag will be v3205

Any War fans out there ?

If you look real hard there is the mod board

RR

John

G.G.

Dude that is a serious build, my hat's off to you for sticking with it and making it all work. Look at all those trimmers, double-decker boards, talk about intimidation.

How does it sound???

TNblueshawk

Quote from: G.G. on May 17, 2012, 02:34:43 PM
Dude that is a serious build, my hat's off to you for sticking with it and making it all work. Look at all those trimmers, double-decker boards, talk about intimidation.

How does it sound???

Thanks G. It sounds darn cool. Some serious delay. I still need to "learn" the best settings. Last night while it was really cool, I had too much delay on my pick attack so I need to dial that in better.

One thing I just had to do is put a couple diodes (914's like the build docs said) between lugs 1/2 of the feedback knob as it just got out of control quickly. That seems to have clamped it down pretty good but not sacrificing anything.
John

sgmezei

I have one aquaboy working but not to my liking. I also have another boy and two dirtbags in my "FAIL" box.........

Kudos for sticking with it!!!