Main Menu

WTF!!! Seriously

Started by matmosphere, March 29, 2017, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2017, 09:10:06 PM
Quote from: BrianS on March 29, 2017, 07:20:02 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2017, 06:16:33 PM
Years ago, I worked at a job where my boss had a bullet with my name on it, literally.  It was a full 30-06 casing and he wrote my name on it with a sharply.  When he quit years later, he gave it to me.

Ah, memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like you to continue dialogue on why he had a bullet with your name on it.  That seems to be an interesting story for a slow Wednesday to say the least.

He was an odd, but very funny and clever person.  His humor was somewhat abrasive but somehow he didn't usually put people off with it.  It's kind of hard to explain.  Looking back, it sounds bad, but I didn't think much of it at the time.  I'm certain it was never serious.

Funny how societal changes can make you view something different. Back then I could see the 'humor' I suppose. Now, I would not find the humor in it as I would feel the intentions could have a greater possibility of being negative.

My perception could still be incorrect but I guess I'm swayed by the things we now have access to.
John

AntKnee

This thread wants to go off the rails so bad! ;D
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

pickdropper

Quote from: TNblueshawk on March 30, 2017, 07:22:59 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2017, 09:10:06 PM
Quote from: BrianS on March 29, 2017, 07:20:02 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2017, 06:16:33 PM
Years ago, I worked at a job where my boss had a bullet with my name on it, literally.  It was a full 30-06 casing and he wrote my name on it with a sharply.  When he quit years later, he gave it to me.

Ah, memories.

I would like you to continue dialogue on why he had a bullet with your name on it.  That seems to be an interesting story for a slow Wednesday to say the least.

He was an odd, but very funny and clever person.  His humor was somewhat abrasive but somehow he didn't usually put people off with it.  It's kind of hard to explain.  Looking back, it sounds bad, but I didn't think much of it at the time.  I'm certain it was never serious.

Funny how societal changes can make you view something different. Back then I could see the 'humor' I suppose. Now, I would not find the humor in it as I would feel the intentions could have a greater possibility of being negative.

My perception could still be incorrect but I guess I'm swayed by the things we now have access to.

Indeed.  It was a much different time then.  Although, I knew him well enough that I doubt I would've assumed bad intentions.

I'd be curious if he even would do it in today's world.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

matmosphere

Quote from: AntKnee on March 31, 2017, 12:20:31 AM
This thread wants to go off the rails so bad! ;D

That was in no way my intention. I just needed to vent.

TNblueshawk

Ah no, this thread is good. No derail intended by me at all. I was just shooting the shit with Dave  :D
John

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

TNblueshawk

John

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper