News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mysterioso no outp bypassed or engaged

Started by johnk, February 14, 2024, 09:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnk

i just completed building the Mysterioso and i can't get any output at all, bypassed or engaged. i tried tracing the output jack's hot but can't find it anywhere on either of the two pcb boards. btw, i've build 1000's of pedals so i'm not new to this.
any help would be greatly appreicated

madbean

Bio77

Without seeing pics, I'd guess the foot switch orientation is wrong??  This one has the foot switch orientation 90 degrees from normal.

Here's a build report link, so, you can see what I mean:

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=34211.msg327934#msg327934

johnk

the switches are definitely oriented properly.  (i.e the notches face each other). the leds all work properly, just no output.

johnk

Quote from: madbean on February 14, 2024, 09:48:08 PM
Can you provide a pic and some voltages?
all of the voltages pretty much match the  build doc with the exception that i have 7.47 volts on pin 10 of the UBE4049

jimilee

You uh...got any of the inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

johnk

madbean

Quote from: johnk on February 15, 2024, 12:59:41 AM
here's one:

This looks pretty correct. Couple things I cannot quite tell:

Is R10 220k? I can't make out the color bands.
Ri18 looks like it might have gotten a bit charred, but again a little hard to tell from the pic.

gordo

Any chance the jack(s) are grounding out to the enclosure?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

johnk

nope. they're wired correctly.

as far as R8 & R10,  they're both the correct values and not damaged.

johnk

johnk

my biggest problem is that i can't trace the output jack's hot to anything on the switches or anywhere else on the circuit.

johnk

by the way, i appreciate all the efforts and responses in helping me try to find the issue. i'd really like to get it working.

madbean

Quote from: johnk on February 15, 2024, 03:00:45 AM
by the way, i appreciate all the efforts and responses in helping me try to find the issue. i'd really like to get it working.

Sure thing. We'll get it solved. My suggestion now is to audio probe. Specifically, probe the output pins of the ICs in order according to the schematic. We need to find out where the audio signal is dropping off.

johnk

i don't think it's dropping off. i think that output jack isn't connected to anything.