News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

neovibe wiring

Started by jball85, July 10, 2012, 01:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jball85

On the pdf neovibe file (General Guitar Gadgets)  does anyone know what the box with three terminals is, that the volume pot is connected to? the box is connected to pads (M) & (L)
Its on the right of the diagram.

irmcdermott

looks like thats the Chorus/Vibrato switch. take a look at the schematic by the volume pot.

jball85

irmcdermott

no problem! let us know how it sounds!

jball85

I couldnt get this sucker to work at all. Upon further inspection I installed the diode bridge backwards (it was hard to read). My question now, is if Im using a dc power supply do I need the diode bridge installed? I cant seem to find any info on it.

jball85

I just blew up the 1000uf caps. I really really wish the power wiring instructions for this pedal were a little more clear.

Sigesmundninja

I made one of these in april, i did install a 6 pin socket for the diode bridge but i just put two jumpers in beacuse I used DC... +you don't the 1000uf caps when you use DC.

jball85

heres a pic of where the diode bridge used to be instead of jumping I just wired it to the + and - pads

jball85

jball85

Reverse polarity due to my power supply and how the jack was wired (correctly). All is good and working now, a bit sloppy having had to install a new diode bridge and big caps. This is a killer effect. Im tempted to get a warhead board now. There are so many aspects that Id like to change on this neovibe, but all in all it works as advertised and sounds incredible.