News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Penneyroyal Chorus (EHX Small Clone)

Started by Stomptown, June 30, 2014, 12:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

I finished the graphics this's weekend for my EHX Small Clone clone. For those who jumped in on the Twin1965s group buy, you won't be disappointed! This thing sounds great! Very interesting sounds with the rate maxed out and the depth turned down.  The name and graphic are nirvana inspired since Kurt was known for playing one of these. Hope you like it!

jubal81

So badass. Bonus points for going Incesticide on it.
I was tinkering with mine today and the sound is just spot-on.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

lincolnic

lincolnic

Compliments to Twin1965 on his layout, too! That PCB looks fun.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Leevibe

That is so beautiful Jon! I can't decide if I like the inside or the outside more. Both are perfect! Can't wait to build mine.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

catfud

Stomptown

Thanks guys!

Quote from: catfud on June 30, 2014, 12:57:58 PM
Nice build - is that a 125b?

It's actually a Hammond 1550b. The length and width are similar to a 125B but the depth is like a 1590A. Unfortunately, the aluminum is thinner than the 1590s so I wouldn't recommend them honestly. I don't stomp too hard so I'm not too worried, but I wouldn't sell one to someone else! 

peAk

really nice build, ....and I love the name!

pietro_moog

what group buy? i would love to have that pcb.

Stomptown

This is actually a PCB I designed but there is a group but for Twin1965s layout, which looks really nice. The only difference I can see is he added a rate led mod and used 1uF box caps instead if electrolytics. I hear it is dead  quiet (no ticking). If you look in the group buy subgroup in the buy, sell, trade forum he may still have a couple available. As for my PCB, I will probably make it available down the road IF I ever get a store up and running...