News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quantum Delay (Zero Point SDX)

Started by m-Kresol, December 17, 2013, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

Hey guys,
this is only my second build (after a one sided Clone Overdrive) and it also took me quite a while. What kept me wasn't the soldering - the pcb layout is really amazing - it was the drilling. As I don't have my own drill, I had to do it at my parents (600km away) and also the holes didn't really turn out in a straight line. I had to redrill some of the holes at my university, but I need the mechanic for that - I have a master's degree in chemistry, but I'm not allowed to drill?! - so that took some time. My profession also explains the choice of name ;)

As it is one of my first builds, I'm inexperienced with the finishing touches. I used some transparent adhesive foil for the markings. Fortunately, I didn't have anything to coat it with, otherwise I'd have been stuck with the error for my whole life (I accidentally switched the Feedback and Depth label). Also I'm not quite sure if I have the order of the modulation right or if it should be the other way around.
There's also one thing, which i found rather odd. When I just touch or come near the Delay poti, I can here the signal changing/modulating as if I was turning the knob while playing my guitar. Besides that, I'm really content with how it turned out. I'm open for any suggestions, so just tell me where I can improve (except the drilling ;))

P.s.: Anyone who wants to read about it in german, feel free to visit my blog.

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

rullywowr

Welcome!  Second build?  Wow. You nailed it!  Looks great man. Keep up the great work.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

m-Kresol

Thanks! Took me quite some time. But I'm really stuck on the DIY thing since my first build, which started with one of my collegues saying "Hey, how about we build a nice amp for the new guitar. I can do that."
Now, I have a 2 (almost 3) homemade pedals, a pedalboard, 3 pedals sitting on my desk, all parts for the amp, which we'll build early next year and I'm currently in a electronics class to learn the basics.
It's just addictive!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

muddyfox

Good stuff, man! You're certainly on your way to having a closet full of pedals and explaining to your wife how come you really need to make at least a dozen more!

Also, if you are planning on building a tube amp and I can't stress this enough, watch out when you start building it! I'm sure you will cover all the bases on that but do look into tube amp safety, I'd say it's a rather important read.  ;D

kaycee