News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What do OTHER people think?

Started by alanp, August 16, 2013, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

What are some comments you've gotten in the past about your pedals? From other guitarists who aren't really of a technical bent (this can give rise to very interesting wording sometimes.)

A mate (Ironbird13) commented that my pedalboard sounds very analogue, with no digital harshness to it (this being distinct from too-much-treble-gain harshness, I suppose!)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

DutchMF

You've raised an interesting point here Alan! I've received a lot of interest from other guitarists when I say that my pedals are built by me, even to point that they want to discuss projects they would be interested in, but after that, not much happens. Two extremes of this situation: 1- The other guitar player from the band I'm in is a total gear-whore, 100+ guitars (not kidding!), amps and fx stacked to the roof (again, not kidding!!), and he's not really impressed with what I do. He's from the pay-a-lot-and-it-sounds-good school, and he likes it that way, so I don't bother. 2- I've come into contact with a young (at least to my standards) player who's band is on the verge of getting a record deal. He mentioned the pedals he was using, and I said I could make them better, or at least more tuned to his setup. We'll see where this ends, but it might get interesting!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

Quote from: DutchMF on August 16, 2013, 04:53:04 PMThe other guitar player from the band I'm in is a total gear-whore, 100+ guitars (not kidding!), amps and fx stacked to the roof (again, not kidding!!), and he's not really impressed with what I do. He's from the pay-a-lot-and-it-sounds-good school, and he likes it that way, so I don't bother.

Noooooo, this is where you tell him you'll build him a one of custom effect tuned exactly to what he wants and sell it to him for £500  ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

icecycle66

Quote from: DutchMF on August 16, 2013, 04:53:04 PM
He's from the pay-a-lot-and-it-sounds-good school, and he likes it that way,

Sounds like someone's in dire need of a $600 Egghead.