News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Board mounted switches and 9mm pots

Started by RobA, March 19, 2014, 08:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

I'm working on a couple of layouts that I want to use 9mm pots and board mount everything. They also have some switches involved. It looks like there could be some height issues between the pots and standard toggles. Does anyone have any experience with mixing these two on a board?

In case it does turn out to be a problem, I've been looking for other switch possibilities and there are two on commercial pedals that look like they might work. The first is the SPST and SPDT rotary toggle that are like those in the Danelectro Cool Cat series. The second would be the push button type like those in the MXR pedals. Problem is, I can't figure out who makes them. I've got a couple of the Cool Cat pedals, and the switches are completely unmarked. I don't own any of the new MXR pedals, so I can't check if they are marked. Does anyone know what brand these switches are or what type. My searches on Mouser have been fruitless. Any other suggestions about ways to do this would be much appreciated too.

Thanks,
Rob
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

LaceSensor

standard toggles are fine with the 9mm pots...

RobA

Quote from: LaceSensor on March 19, 2014, 10:42:44 PM
standard toggles are fine with the 9mm pots...
That's great to know. It's a good thing too, because I really can't find anything else to use. Thanks for info!
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).