News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbaby LED limiting

Started by claytushaywood, December 15, 2014, 06:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

For unlocking I always found just grounding each pin on my testing rig seemed to do the trick. You probably don't even need to do that---just pins 1 - 8.

Muadzin

Quote from: atreidesheir on December 17, 2014, 02:25:07 AM
Quote from: Muadzin on December 15, 2014, 02:24:29 PM
*Checks upon Dirtbaby pdf*

*realizes what he has missed*

me toooooooo!

Somebody made a vero layout here:

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Madbean-Dirtbaby-tp15783.html

It boggles the mind why something as awesome as this was just a temporary project.

Luke51411

I believe he is planning on making it a regular project or at least doing a larger limited release at some point.
Also, I saw the vero... I enjoy vero but this is one of those cases I would opt for a pcb. Gotta hand it to the people building crazy large veros though.

Muadzin

Quote from: Luke51411 on December 17, 2014, 02:15:23 PM
I believe he is planning on making it a regular project or at least doing a larger limited release at some point.
Also, I saw the vero... I enjoy vero but this is one of those cases I would opt for a pcb. Gotta hand it to the people building crazy large veros though.

It's been moved from short runs to the delay section on the projects page, with a release date of jan 2. Happy days!

claytushaywood

this project is just prone to locking up my pt2399's- ive never had this problem before but I guess its common.  I changed the opamp and it locked up a chip.  I did unlock one, but then I went and changed the opamp- power disconnected and everything and locked it up again but now I cant get it unlocked.  i've got a few that I cant unlock actually... I've been putting the pcb on my bread board and using an alligator jumper to connect pins to ground.  Can I unlock them without power?

maybe the project I'm using is the culprit?  I'm using rullwowr's deep blue delay board... it looked like a straight deep blue delay copy- but ive historically had all sorts of troubles with the deep blue delay... i mean all sorts.

i do have a sparklehorn has anyone tried the LED trick on that project?

sturgeo

Have you connected pins 3 & 4 together permanently?? I've checked the Rullywow build doc and the schematic hasn't got them connected?

Edit: I'd leave the LED out for now, try to get the circuit working reliably as it should first.

claytushaywood

No, I havent connected pins 3 and 4 permanently... should i do that?

I do have the circuit working, itd be reliable as long as I dont mess with it, but like I said, changing the opamp has caused the pt2399's to lock up on several occassions.

sturgeo

Yup, i do on all of mine.
It seems some PT2399s lock up randomly, mostly those sourced form tayda...

It doesn't appear to have any adverse affects, the first dbd i built on vero had the link: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/mad-professor-deep-blue-delay.html

gtr2

Quote from: claytushaywood on December 21, 2014, 07:49:01 PM
No, I havent connected pins 3 and 4 permanently... should i do that?

I do have the circuit working, itd be reliable as long as I dont mess with it, but like I said, changing the opamp has caused the pt2399's to lock up on several occassions.

Yes, connect them.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

claytushaywood

connecting pins 3 and 4 together fixed all my problems!  they both showed continuity to ground but since ive hard wired them together i havent had a pt2399 lock up yet and i was able to use the LED limiting.  Now i've got a deep blue delay running at 18v with a charge pump.  killer