News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

JMK standard fuzz

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 23, 2021, 09:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

After my much documented fumble with getting this to pass signal I finally got it boxed up. NOS 2sc828r and 2sk30a transistors power this bad boy. I ended up going with a 10uf mlcc for the input coupling cap over the 100n in the build doc as the added low end of the stock value sounded better especially with single coils.
       This definitely is in the super fuzz camp but has a little somethin somethin extra going on. It's more rude and has a harder attack and different clang to the octave. I think the Jfet input section is grinding harder than that of the super fuzz. Worth the build IMO.
    Drax humbly graces the enclosure. Although humble, it's savage and roars loudly. A true destroyer of sonics and dynamics. No film decal on grey tayda enclosure.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

It's alive! Yay! Excellent and super graphics, you got that no film stuff nailed!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

I always love how clean your builds look and it was fun reading about the debug process. Nice work Chris!

jimilee

Daaaamn sir, you're killing it. Another fine build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Extra cool!  Graphics look clean.  I also enjoyed the debug process.

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, it was a fun build, at times haha. The debug process taught me to check all source material for discrepancies, that it's not always something I did wrong.  I actually start going back to school for electronics this summer so the debug process will hopefully be better when I'm all done. And as for the no film, I believe it can transfer fine/small details just fine. The couple issues in the border on the lower left hand side were my fault. I had a slight ghost image from my printer and was cleaning it up with some acetone on a q-tip and touched the border.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

I didn't notice the border before you mentioned it.  You can dab in some sharpie to fix it up, if you want.  If you mess up, some isopropanol will clean it up and not remove the original.

Again, great build!  Awesome to see someone else rocking the no-film  8)

davent

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 23, 2021, 11:36:59 PM
Thanks guys, it was a fun build, at times haha. The debug process taught me to check all source material for discrepancies, that it's not always something I did wrong.  I actually start going back to school for electronics this summer so the debug process will hopefully be better when I'm all done. And as for the no film, I believe it can transfer fine/small details just fine. The couple issues in the border on the lower left hand side were my fault. I had a slight ghost image from my printer and was cleaning it up with some acetone on a q-tip and touched the border.

If you want to touch it up and you want  black instead of dark blue get something like a Sakura Micron marker, black is black and they go as fine as 0.2mm.

https://www.currys.com/catalogpc.htm?Category=SAKURA_PIGMA_MICRON_PENS
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: davent on January 24, 2021, 04:28:06 AM
Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 23, 2021, 11:36:59 PM

If you want to touch it up and you want  black instead of dark blue get something like a Sakura Micron marker, black is black and they go as fine as 0.2mm.

https://www.currys.com/catalogpc.htm?Category=SAKURA_PIGMA_MICRON_PENS
dave
Thanks Dave I'll have to check those out for sure. They look really nice.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

destro

Good tip on that input cap. Will remember that for a future build I have a pcb for! Fine tip sharpie and no one would know about the border if you are careful. Looks good!

Bret608

Dave is right! My daughters both use the Sakura markers and they are great. This build is a winner for sure. I wish I had thought of that with the input cap--I love the octave on this circuit, but also have been wanting to try a Superfuzz for that extra beef. Didn't think to try and get best of both worlds.