News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover too bright?

Started by pietro_moog, October 31, 2017, 11:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro_moog

Hi guys. These days my current lover is more and more often on my board. I feel it is too bright though, What can i do? thanks guys

madbean

The easiest way to decrease the overall brightness is right at the output: change C14 to a higher value. I would socket it and try 220pF, 330pF and 470pF. This will effect dry and wet output.

To change the brightness of only the wet output you can try higher values of C6...probably anything up to 10n.

pietro_moog

Right. I forgot to say that i have the mn3209, without the 4049n. I removed the 680pf cap because i read that it wasn't needed. Do i need to put it back in place?

LaceSensor

Well Im lost

These use the MN3007, surely

madbean

Quote from: pietro_moog on October 31, 2017, 01:24:01 PM
Right. I forgot to say that i have the mn3209, without the 4049n. I removed the 680pf cap because i read that it wasn't needed. Do i need to put it back in place?

Don't have any experience with the 3209 but certainly you could socket that cap and see. It won't hurt anything....it's just an LP filer (two 4k7 in parallel to make 2.35k summed plus a cap to ground). A 10n cap will start filtering around 6.7kHz. There's no correct value to use other than the one that produces the result you like.

pietro_moog

Cool. Thanks MB! I settled for 4.7nf, it's good enough now. I found these mn3209 at a good price so i took them, the flanger sounds good, tighter i would say.