News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stereo Nautilus

Started by Zerstorte Zelle, March 27, 2013, 03:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerstorte Zelle

Is it possible?

A buddy of mine wants me to build him a stereo nautilus but with only one set of controls. Do i need two boards wired to a 4pdt and split wiring to the pots or is there a mod i could do to make one board run stereo? I'm thinking I am missing something logistically here.

any thoughts here?

ZZ

jkokura

You could run two boards with dual gang pots, and the 3p4t switch or a 4p3t switch would work, you just wire each board up to two different poles.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Are you talking about a mono-in, dual mono out kind of thing? You could always take the signal off the "A" part of SW1A and run a second output using whatever method you like. Duplicate the output stage that's there, or do something with a BJT.

Zerstorte Zelle

No, more like a true stereo. I figured the best way would be to use two boards. If there are any other ways about it though...

ZZ

jkokura

Quote from: jkokura on March 27, 2013, 03:56:31 PM
You could run two boards with dual gang pots, and the 3p4t switch or a 4p3t switch would work, you just wire each board up to two different poles.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Zerstorte Zelle

Quote from: jkokura on March 27, 2013, 06:35:20 PM

Jacob

ya im thinking that's the way it's going down for sure with a 4pdt foot switch.

jimilee

Quote from: Zerstorte Zelle on March 27, 2013, 09:17:03 PM
Quote from: jkokura on March 27, 2013, 06:35:20 PM

Jacob

ya im thinking that's the way it's going down for sure with a 4pdt foot switch.
Man it would be so cool though to have it go from one to the other stereo wise. Mind=blown
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

stecykmi

a more technical solution might be to run both channels off the same envelope generator (IC2C and D), so the filter sweep on both channels is the same. if he's using it for guitar, it should sound fine with stereo pots.

Zerstorte Zelle

it's for a dj friend. i guess the thinking is that he could use one set of controls with stereo program that could potentially be different at any given time.

ZZ