Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking aka: Master Luke

Started by masterlk, April 01, 2011, 02:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevewire

It looks so awesome!  I am just in awe.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks really clean! Gotta try buffing some pedals!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

tubeman

I have to have a set of these knobs for my Sagittary! Please post a link? I couldn't find any and had to settle for brown face fenders!

tubeman

By the way, I forgot to mention the finish on this is great! I did something similar with an old Dunlop Fuzz Face enclosure. I used a Black & Decker Mouse Sander with steel wool stuck to the bottom of it and used Flitz for the polish compound. After about 20 minutes, I got a mirror finish. Sanded to 800 by hand, then polished with the B&D Mouse!! HEHE!! Still looks nice. Something about sanding with polish seems to impregnate the metal, if the temperature gets somewhat warm. Probably have no idea what I am talking about, but the Fuzz Face box was done 3 months ago and it still shines bright!

Great looking Klone!!

bangerang101

Love the finish/polish on the enclosure, and very neat wiring too... Also, love the name (my name is Luke) :)
Owner of Luck Duck Pedals (LDP)

masterlk

The knobs are just black davies copies...I think I got them from PPP. Since oxblood knobs are nowhere to be found I just bought a can of maroon/burgandy spray paint from Walmart. I did three thin coats of paint and then three thin coats of a clear matte finish. So thin in fact you can just barely see the black showing through on the pointer. I held the knob with a dowel rod while painting, then let air dry. When the final coat of clear was dry, I baked them in an oven for a short time. So far they have held up good.

Good luck!

Quote from: tubeman on May 11, 2011, 05:22:15 AM
I have to have a set of these knobs for my Sagittary! Please post a link? I couldn't find any and had to settle for brown face fenders!

masterlk

Thanks Luke. I named it after my son. After we named him, friends and family were relentless with the Star
Wars stuff. So I decided to call my Sunking the Master Luke.

Quote from: bangerang101 on May 11, 2011, 03:54:12 PM
Love the finish/polish on the enclosure, and very neat wiring too... Also, love the name (my name is Luke) :)