News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sharkfin Up/Down Switch

Started by mrsmith, December 30, 2013, 11:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsmith

Hi y'all, I'm thinking about throwing my hat into the FSH-1 ring, and after having done a fair amount of digging through build reports, it seems like the Madbeans version might be the one for me. I do, however, have some questions around the up/down switch featured on some of the other versions: 1) if I'm correct, it seems like it was left off the Madbeans version, was there a reason for that i.e. is it not that important or useful? 2) is there a way to mod the build to include an up/down switch? Thanks, I appreciate the help.!

Guitarmageddon

It's quite a cool option, though settings that sound good in down don't work well in up mode, and vice versa.
I don't know why it was left off, maybe space, but the Sharkfin can't have it added on very easily as it requires an extra opamp.
In theory it could be added off board I suppose. If you look at the Tonepad project schematic you'll see what's needed. It's what IC2b does. You'd need some vero, a single opamp, a few resistors and a switch.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

madbean

I left it off because it was Tonepad's mod, and I did not want to just outright copy his project. So, I left what I thought was the most essential stuff.

mrsmith

Ok, cool. Thanks for the answers, guys. It sounds like the up/down switch is cool, but not all that
necessary, particularly in a real-time sense.