News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EH Holy Grail Mods?

Started by pryde, March 01, 2012, 01:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Hello,

I was curious if anyone has ever modded a Holy Grail reverb power supply or might know how to do it. I am thinking of re-boxing the big-clunky reverb into 125b (or smaller if possible) and would like to change the power to a 2.1 center-negative (boss adapter).

Right know it is powered with a center-positive 3.5mm supply. Is it possible to change this or is it more trouble than its worth? I like the reverb but not the large box and power supply. Also, any other worth while things to mod with this pedal?

jubal81

I did this very thing as my first-ever pedal project. Going to the new jack size is as straightforward as can be - just make sure you get the polarity right. I learned the hard way  ::)
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pryde

Quote from: jubal81 on March 01, 2012, 03:19:56 AM
I did this very thing as my first-ever pedal project. Going to the new jack size is as straightforward as can be - just make sure you get the polarity right. I learned the hard way  ::)

OK cool. So just install a standard 2.1mm jack as normal then? No other changes need to be made? Did you rebox your HG into a smaller enclosure as well?

Thanks

jubal81

Yeah, i reboxed it. The board is pot mounted with looong leads, so you'll need a new pot, too. I want to say it's 10K, but you can measure the one that's in there with a multimeter and see.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Scruffie

Quote from: jubal81 on March 01, 2012, 08:29:11 AM
Yeah, i reboxed it. The board is pot mounted with looong leads, so you'll need a new pot, too. I want to say it's 10K, but you can measure the one that's in there with a multimeter and see.
A25k  ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

pryde

Cool. Thanks for all your help fellas