News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My enclosure I made from old skateboards!

Started by derpedal, December 04, 2014, 01:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derpedal

I looked at a schematic for the required enclosure (1590b or something) used on the zero point dd, slapped some skateboards together and bam.  Skate delay. I'll add better pictures if anyone cares to see them but this is what I have to work with from my phone.  Any cool ideas to make this even more unique? Don't be afraid to tell me what you think!           

Leevibe

Creative and cool. Nice!

I would line it with aluminized tape and have a good mechanical connection (with verified continuity) between that and a ground point to minimize RF interference.

Shrtyska9

That's awesome man! I have stack of snapped decks that have followed me around for years. I think I have a purpose for them now.

Richard

Richard

marmora

Awesome!

Never been great at woodworking, so it's always great to see what others can do.
Have you seen the guitars made from old skate decks?

It would be so rad if you made a demo video of the pedal playing over some skating clips.

derpedal

Wow thanks for all of the positive feedback! I'm glad I might have just inspired someone. And the skate video idea is fantastic I will definitely find time for that once I'm done thank you!!

Shrtyska9

Quote from: derpedal on December 04, 2014, 02:16:34 AM
Wow thanks for all of the positive feedback! I'm glad I might have just inspired someone. And the skate video idea is fantastic I will definitely find time for that once I'm done thank you!!

Yeah man definitely inspired. I have one deck in particular that was my all time favorite where the tail snapped off. Thinking of using it for a large multi. I also have a couple from guitar playing friends from back in the day might knock up a klonpressor for the one Guy.
Anyway I can't wait to see the finished product man.

Richard

Richard

selfdestroyer

DIY at its finest right here! I love it. As a Santa Cruz, CA born citizen I definitely approve this.

Cody

lincolnic

This rocks! Can't wait to see the finished product.

micromegas

asthetic recomendation: look for some white round knobs to emulate wheels... :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

PhiloB

Some grip tape somewhere maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk