News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harryklippton's Birthday Haul

Started by Thewintersoldier, March 31, 2022, 12:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Will turns 40 this year, and Ive known about his amp build for a long time. When he finally started it I wanted to make him something for his birthday that would coincide with his amp build. I asked him what his favorite marvel character was and he said Cable. So I got to work. He really like the way the hybrid fuzz driver sounded so I knew what to do. Enter Will's Hybrid fuzz Driver.
    Then I said Will doesn't have an analog delay!!! I made a new graphic for an old Madbean aquaboy deluxe. It doesn't have the mn3005s but Will got some for it. What else does Will need for his new amp? Tremolo! So of course the Luna tremolo is perfect and a great addition to the amp. It was fun and gratifying to be able to do this for my brother from another mother. It's an early Birthday present that he can use to make lots of noise with that bitchin new amp.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Man, what a fantastic gift! I'd love to build an amp. One day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

Man I can't wait to crank these!! I'm incredibly honored Chris. When I first came around here, your builds inspired me a lot- cohesive graphic themes, squeaky clean assembly, and the no film tutorial was a huge help. I'm gonna jump into the UV print stuff when I get a chance too. I'm not gonna wait til my actual birthday to play these though!

blackhatboojum

The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

alanp

Tasty! What transistor did you use for the Cosmo? IME, it's very dependant on that part as to the end sound...

For the delay, I'm picking that you tested it with your own 3005 chips? :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: alanp on April 01, 2022, 06:42:12 AM
Tasty! What transistor did you use for the Cosmo? IME, it's very dependant on that part as to the end sound...

For the delay, I'm picking that you tested it with your own 3005 chips? :)
The transistor I used is a Russian mp35. Storyboardist sent me a few and I used em in other skreddy builds and they sounded fantastic. As for the delay, it had been my main delay before I built the total recall. So I know for a fact that it works.
Who the hell is Bucky?