News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Question about a *GASP* commercial pedal. The EHX Memory Boy Deluxe

Started by matmosphere, June 09, 2017, 06:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

One popped up on the local Craigslist for really cheap, less than I think I could build an analog tap-tempo delay with divisions and modulation. Has anyone used any of the Memory Boy line? I figure they mostly have the xvive chips in them now, but I haven't seen inside it yet.

It's cheap enough that I figure it's worth a shot either way.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Muadzin

(Austrian accent) Come on! Do it! Buy me! You know you want too! Do it! Buy me! Get to the choppah! (/Austrian accent)

matmosphere

Finally got a chance to pick the pedal up. Haven't tried it yet but dang, it's much larger than I thought it would be. For some reason I was thinking 1590bb size.

I'll post some thoughts  when I have a minute to check it out.

nzCdog

Always thought the demo's of these sounded great... let us know how you like it :)

culturejam

I had one during my "buy all the delay pedals" phase. I honestly didn't care for it, tonally. Mine had very noisy (even for analog) repeats beyond about 350ms. For my tastes, the Memory Toy has better tone, but it obviously lacks the bells/whistles of the MB Deluxe.

I hope yours sounds awesome.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

matmosphere

I managed to find about five minutes to plug it in yesterday. The modulation is a little more out there than I expected but that's good imo. Once I have a chance to play it with my regular amp and not headphones I'll post up some thoughts. For the price I paid though it seems decent.