News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Juang (Weener) Wah & Small Klone II (Apis)

Started by juansolo, May 18, 2013, 07:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Small Klone II

Sune decided it was time to try one of these Klone things out, so this was built for him. It's Jimmy's (Beejive Pedals) mental Apis board, again fettled to be buffered bypass.

Nope, it's not in a 1590A. I really wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't doing any more ultra-ickle ones ;)

Juang Wah

With all this talk of weeners, I thought mine would be a Juang wah...

Interesting build this one. The case was bought new from Tube Amp Doctor. They're sold as cases for DIY, but they're actually complete wahs that may or may not work ;) At £35 delivered, I couldn't not really!

It worked, so the inductor was scavenged and ended up in the Sultinizer. I also kept the pot, which turned out to be pretty good! The board was replaced by a Madbean Weener Wah board with a Whipple inductor.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

soldersqueeze

Very neat and tidy. I've been looking for a dead crybaby to build a wah or harbinger ii when they emerge- how solid is the TAD chassis?

sgmezei

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

nzCdog

Quote from: jkokura on May 18, 2013, 10:53:37 PM
That wah chassis looks fantastic.

Jacob
+1  Cool inductor too, looks relic'd 8)

juansolo

Quote from: soldersqueeze on May 18, 2013, 09:53:08 PM
Very neat and tidy. I've been looking for a dead crybaby to build a wah or harbinger ii when they emerge- how solid is the TAD chassis?

Surprisingly so. It needed a little bit of modification (I slotted the bracket so it could easily take a different pot, which I didn't end up using, and Cleggy gave it a bit of fettling to make it smoother. Finally I needed to snap the arms off the battery holder to clear the board. You might need to build up the jacks with washers to get them to fit snugly as they're recessed. Even if you reuse the originals as we've done). But otherwise, for us EU types it's just a nice solid chassis for very little money with the added bonus of scavengeabe parts. Indeed the inductor, pikey-tastic as it was, sounded pretty good on Rej's Kwawk board.

They're these: http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?products_id=1272&url_node_name=TAD_Equipment&language=en (going to that page always gets me looking at the Princeton Reverb kits...).

I grabbed two of them (there'll be another along shortly I'm sure) for £70 delivered.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jvg13

gingataff

That's a mighty fine Weener... err... Juang.. err...

I'll get my coat.

midwayfair