News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD!!!!!

Started by jimilee, May 07, 2013, 01:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

New Guitar Day for me!!! Here is a bass that I built from a Mighty Mite Jazz neck and body that I ordered back during Christmas. The pickups are Duncan Designed pickups,which are the same as the quarter pounders,they're just made by a sweatshop in the Philippines. I was looking for something less powerful and more subtle than Dimarzios or SD but not cheap. I found these at a decent price, so I thought I'd check them out. I'm pretty pleased. I was going to stain it red,but I'm really pleased with the sound and I didn't want to do anything to screw that up.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

Nice job. Looks like it was a lot of fun to build. How were the frets from the factory?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

That looks awesome.

Gotta get around to finishing up my bastard-o-caster.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Cortexturizer

awesome!
always loved the natural finish
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

jimilee

Quote from: jubal81 on May 07, 2013, 02:30:20 PM
Nice job. Looks like it was a lot of fun to build. How were the frets from the factory?
Frets are great! 2 reahearsals so far,and no issues. I do love the natural also. Didn't until this.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Nice job Jimi.

Did you seal the wood, cause it looks raw?  Reason I'm asking is raw bodies have a tendency to dry out and crack along the glue lines, so you might want to be careful on that.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 07, 2013, 07:25:58 PM
Nice job Jimi.

Did you seal the wood, cause it looks raw?  Reason I'm asking is raw bodies have a tendency to dry out and crack along the glue lines, so you might want to be careful on that.
Yep it's sealed but that's it. I need to do a clea rcoat on it.

DutchMF

This looks really good Jimi! I tried to say something nasty about basses/bassplayers, as that is almost as much fun as beating up the drummer, but I really couldn't, your bass is just to nice! Is the natural finish bare wood or did you rub it in with some oil? And I kind of like the way it's kinda stealthy with no markings on the headstock. Cool stuff!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimilee

Quote from: DutchMF on May 07, 2013, 08:24:45 PM
This looks really good Jimi! I tried to say something nasty about basses/bassplayers, as that is almost as much fun as beating up the drummer, but I really couldn't, your bass is just to nice! Is the natural finish bare wood or did you rub it in with some oil? And I kind of like the way it's kinda stealthy with no markings on the headstock. Cool stuff!

Paul
Thanks Paul. It's just sealed and that's it. The idea was to build it and are sure it was going to sounds and work good and then tear it down and finish it, but I really like the way it looks and sounds now. Don't kid yourself, bass players are awesome and the heart of the band! ;D

Parra

nice bass, the grain looks good also.