News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Buzzaround

Started by Thewintersoldier, May 06, 2021, 02:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Had this set of transistors from small bear sitting around for a while and I decided to finally put them to use. Really like Brian's newer layouts on these boards and makes building very easy. Sounds great especially with the jazzmaster. What a big muff wishes it was. Great volume cleanup. OG Wasp/Janet Van Dyne seemed appropriate for this build, even mad the transistors match the box. No film decal on Tayda powder coat. First thing that I played was Tom Petty's honey bee, it ripped! Now buzz about...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

KMRO

That is really crisp.  I love "guardians of the analog."  Did you heatshrink the transistor legs?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: KMRO on May 06, 2021, 03:08:02 AM
That is really crisp.  I love "guardians of the analog."  Did you heatshrink the transistor legs?
Thanks, I do my best ! The transistor legs I just used yellow wire and stripped the outer coating and put it over the legs.
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

Awesome. I just got my bumblebee board yesterday in the mail

gordo

I really like the look of the no-film decals that you and Bio77 are doing.  Crisp is definitely the word I'd use.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: harryklippton on May 06, 2021, 11:09:04 AM
Awesome. I just got my bumblebee board yesterday in the mail
It's definitely a fuzz for people who like fuzz and I would argue one that even people who don't always like fuzz would like.

Quote from: gordo on May 06, 2021, 01:36:43 PM
I really like the look of the no-film decals that you and Bio77 are doing.  Crisp is definitely the word I'd use.
Thanks Gordo, John is Obi-Won and I am not even Luke, I'm more like r2-d2 lol I had a couple recently that I wasn't completely happy with but I have adjusted and am getting far better results. Still better than the clear decal stickers and clear coat I was using.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

This looks great as always! Love seeing more fuzz in the world.

Remember that Avengers arc when Hank Pym beat up Janet, Avengers got dark.....

Did Steve Rogers then kick the heck out of him? I am trying to remember....

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 06, 2021, 03:22:27 PM

Yeah Hank Pym wasn't always on the level lol but he got his in the end.  Like when Wolverine went back in time and travelled back in time and killed him before he could create Ultron and stop the rapture in his timeline. I wish we could have seen the infinity saga with the X-Men and fantastic 4. I'm hoping Norman Osborn gets his time soon in the MCU. Such a great character as well.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on May 06, 2021, 08:17:58 PM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 06, 2021, 03:22:27 PM

Yeah Hank Pym wasn't always on the level lol but he got his in the end.  Like when Wolverine went back in time and travelled back in time and killed him before he could create Ultron and stop the rapture in his timeline. I wish we could have seen the infinity saga with the X-Men and fantastic 4. I'm hoping Norman Osborn gets his time soon in the MCU. Such a great character as well.

Man, did you see the new loki promo? Wednesday is the new Friday

Bio77

That looks baddass!  I don't know about this Obi-won stuff, that line around the outside came out perfect.