News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I have a super power!

Started by jimilee, April 13, 2016, 11:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I heard the ups truck today from about 50 yards out and from behind me. Without even looking I could tell it was the ups truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slacker775

The real question though is - was it bringing anything for you?  Most ideally a new guitar? 

matmosphere

I thought this was going to be another one of your new guitar day post.;)

jtaormina

I thought for sure it was a new tayda code.

jimilee

Quote from: slacker775 on April 13, 2016, 11:51:51 PM
The real question though is - was it bringing anything for you?  Most ideally a new guitar?

Nope, no new guitar, I wasn't even at home. The next guitar I want is a gold top les paul, and in sure it will be a while. I would like that new acoustic I went to buy in February though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

blearyeyes

SUPERNATURAL UPS RADAR DISCOVERED IN HUMAN!
EXTRA LOBE FOUND IN JIMI'S BRAIN!

I'm with you on the Les Paul Jimi. I don't own a Gibson. Can't afford a Gibson..hmm

Are you looking at an Epiphone or a Gibby?

gordo

Dude, with all the guitars and Tayda orders you've been receiving it's just conditioning.  The electronic equivalent to the Pavlov response.  As an example my dog can hear the last bite of my breakfast english muffin with peanut butter placed gently in his bowl from the other side of the house.  Drive and desire :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

midwayfair

I can hear my friend's car from like three blocks away. Like, I know he's around the corner several seconds before I can actually identify a sound that would belong to a car at all.

BrianS

My dog has that super power also. I know when the FEDEX or UPS truck is coming for 50 yards away. No other truck, school bus, etc..... Just UPS/FEDEX.  She starts going nuts. She's a big Weimaraner and it drives me bonkers because she has super barking power and she's an inside dog.

And Oh Jimmy I have that same desire for that Les Paul Gold Top. A fine looking instrument.

Adam_DIY

Muadzin

I can also hear it when the delivery guy approaches. I usually hear it by the sound of a ringing bell close to my front door. ;)

jimilee

Quote from: blearyeyes on April 14, 2016, 02:13:26 AM
SUPERNATURAL UPS RADAR DISCOVERED IN HUMAN!
EXTRA LOBE FOUND IN JIMI'S BRAIN!

I'm with you on the Les Paul Jimi. I don't own a Gibson. Can't afford a Gibson..hmm

Are you looking at an Epiphone or a Gibby?
I already have 2 Epis, I need a real Gibby.

brucer

Quote from: gordo on April 14, 2016, 02:22:58 AM
Dude, with all the guitars and Tayda orders you've been receiving it's just conditioning.  The electronic equivalent to the Pavlov response.  As an example my dog can hear the last bite of my breakfast english muffin with peanut butter placed gently in his bowl from the other side of the house.  Drive and desire :-)

And the 10,000 hrs makes you an expert thing ... you know, with all those guitar and Tayda deliveries you've been getting.  8)

jimilee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke51411

I was hoping it had something to do with phasers.  ;D