News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gas Tank and Parallel Junk Trunks

Started by DGWVI, February 09, 2023, 12:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGWVI

A Gas Tank (Brown Dog clone) into a JMK Paralyzer, with a Junk Trunk (Agent 00Funk clones) in each loop. There's and FX loop between the Gas Tank and Paralyzer, with another between the send of the Paralyzer and second Junk Trunk.

No mods done to the Gas Tank, so it's just that classic gated, clean-blendable fuzz we all know and love.

Mods to the Junk Trunks include:
C2 & C3 replaced with a 2p6t with 1n, 4.7n, 10n, 22n, 47n, and 100n caps selectable. This takes the filter from shrill to thumpy
C6 has been replaced with a toggle to select the stock 4.7u or a 1u for quicker decay
I used Orange LEDs for the peak detector because of their slightly lower vf compared to the Yellows the build docs calls for. This allows a bit more control voltage into the filters from the envelope section
As with the rest of the controls, the added switches are highly interactive with every other parameter
I also used NE5517s in place of the LM13700s, but I don't hear a difference in this circuit.
You'll notice two jacks adjacent to the 9v jack. These were meant to be CV outs from the envelope detector but, they don't seem to work when it's boxed. I'm not too fussed about them, but I will revisit and get them working eventually

First demo shows the range of the cap selectors on a single Junk trunk

This one shows off a bit of the parallel sounds

madbean

jwin615

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DGWVI

Thanks!!

I wish I could play like Bootsy ;D

jimilee

Quote from: DGWVI on February 09, 2023, 02:12:36 AM
Thanks!!

I wish I could play like Bootsy ;D
You and me both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

this is next level, my dude. I'm in awe!

DGWVI

DGWVI

I should add- the Junk Trunk is my absolute favorite envelope filter. It just does so much, and covers a ton of ground. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a filter