News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BMP Fat/tight Switch?

Started by pryde, June 15, 2013, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Anyone got a good way to maybe add in some thunder to a BMP?

I know I could parallel switch in a input/output cap for some more bass but with experimenting it seams to increase the "mud" factor more than a tighter bass sound.

What I am looking for I guess is a switch that could inject some tighter-defined type bass frequency into the circuit. Possible?

I am pretty happy with the overall tone response of the circuit so far but would like some tight-thunder as well. THanks for any thoughts/help on this.

BTW I am working on a modified Pharaoh-type build kinda based on cortexurizer's great build.

alanp

Ironbird has done a couple demo's for me... he normally plays power metal type stuff. ("Horse", as in gallop, I seem to recall.)

One of his main criticisms of most muffs is how loose they are (get your snickering over with... loose muff, I know...), and he liked how the 22/7 and the ?Lady had tight bass, not flabby.

I don't know how to tweak muffs, but I'd say perhaps you need to steal component values from another type of muff, maybe wind up with a Pharoah Lady.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guitarmageddon

Too much bottom in a fuzz always sounds flabby to me.
A lot of bass fuzzes have smaller caps to fuzz the high end, then blend clean lows in.
Maybe limiting the fuzz to the higher frequencies and blending back in lows will give you what you're looking for.(clean=defined) Not just as simple as changing caps though...
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com