News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EgoDriver problems

Started by jaysonsayshello, December 28, 2011, 04:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaysonsayshello

hi, complete noob here. 

I'm having a few issues with my new egodriver build.

1. LED doesn't light up
2. LED clipping doesn't work - LEDs don't work either

The pedal itself works (minus the led clipping).

Any thoughts?

sam_c

have you wired the leds correctly (clipping and on/off indicator)  I would make sure you have the +ve and -ve legs the correct way around.

jaysonsayshello

Yes, I believe so.

The positive leg goes to square pad on D3 and neg leg goes to circle pad on D4.  Pretty sure the wiring is correct for on/off led.

jaysonsayshello

I'm seeing something new that I didn't see before.  There's a pad that has nothing in it (not labeled in egodriver diagram) but I think it connects the R6 resistor to the LED clip pads.  Could this be the culprit for the led clipping not working?

pryde

Do you have any sound with the LED clipping selected? My LEDs don't light up/flicker until the gain is turned up pretty high.

At lower gains i can't tell much difference between the clipping options

jaysonsayshello

I don't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure I tested it with the gain turned up to max with no LED flickering.  :(

musovern

Hi there, I seem to have the same problem. LED Clipping mod doesn't seem to work for me, Have tryed a few different led's as well. Had the gain and tone on full can not here any change in the sound.

Any thoughts on a led type and spec. mind is a 5mm RED CLR 12,000mcd 2.3v at the moment which doesn't work either.

Any suggestions very welcome.

thanks. Great sounding pedal other than the clip mod.

mgwhit

Welcome to the forum!  You'll be much better served if you start your own thread rather than attaching your issue to this dead and (apparently) unresolved one.  Do that and please post some high resolution, well-lit, in-focus photographs of both sides of the board.  I guarantee you'll get more help that way.  Good luck!

oldhousescott

QuoteThere's a pad that has nothing in it
That's a plated through-hole, not a pad, if anyone cares.

And a big +1 to mgwhit's recommendations.