News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Graphics (please help indecisive me decide)!

Started by raulduke, January 16, 2017, 05:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

I'm working on a delay at the moment (FV-1 Based) and would really appreciate you guys input on the graphics.

Which of the 6 design variants attached do you guys like best (ok if you hate them all too  ;)).

I kinda like em all, but am leaning towards 3A.

p.s. Circuit is nothing special. Pretty much Drolo's MDD Fv-1 circuit in different format and a few mod's/changes.

I'm looking at incorporating an initial JFET buffer and EP3 based gain stage (rather than Opamp) to add a little spice/character.

I may upload the project when/if I get it completed.

Timko

sonnyboy27

3A for me. Only thing I would change is possibly losing the white dividing line. I like the line when it's in black, but with the white it felt a bit like the printer jumped a line if that makes sense.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lars

Here is an interesting option. I tried inverting the colors, and here are the options that came out:

They all look very vintage echo machine-like in this color scheme.

LaceSensor

jkokura

I like the 3 options. I actually think that the large knobs from 3b and the small knobs from 3a is what I would choose.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

raulduke

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I like your idea Jacob; I might go with that.

Just need to build it now!

jubal81

Quote from: jkokura on January 16, 2017, 06:05:49 PM
I like the 3 options. I actually think that the large knobs from 3b and the small knobs from 3a is what I would choose.

Jacob

Just about to say this. 3a graphics and black knobs

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

Round black knobs on the top row of 3b instead of the knurled ones.

3b has the best contrast and separation to me between the text, background, and enclosure, but of course it's not the real world.

287m

matmosphere

I think 3b is the way to go as well. Might switch the brown to the one from 2b though.