News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Quasar switch pop/momentary led flash

Started by ch1naski, February 15, 2013, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Just built the quasar rc version. When switched on, it pops and the led gets very bright for an instant. I'm sure there is as pulldown resistor built in, but it seems to me that it's getting a voltage spike or something...... any one have any knowledge of a cure? I see someone else posted a report of switch pop, also, but no answers.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

hammerheadmusicman

Hi res pics would really help! I've built the AC and RC, buts no pops, or flashes..

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

ch1naski

I hope these will do. Pretty messy with it all wired up.;D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

hammerheadmusicman

hammerheadmusicman

what's the value of r1? i know its 1M, but what dp you have in there?

ch1naski

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on February 16, 2013, 12:05:13 AMwhat about the solder side?
Whoops... Let me get a shot of that...one moment, please.
:)
Btw, thanks for taking a look.

There is a solder bridge near the upper left, some of the trace came up off the board, so it is a repair.

Didn't realize how lame a solder job I did until I looked at this picture. jeez...;D

Here is a picture from the build doc, also.
It's rotated to match my photo. Except that it's kind of flipped, so top in mine is bottom in the doc picture. If that makes sense.
one louder.

hammerheadmusicman

i'd just check with a magnifier for bridges, and reflow anything that looks hinky, especially near the power section.

George

ch1naski

one louder.

ch1naski

I wonder if a switchable circuit from RC to AC boost is possible, without using ten toggles....maybe a dip switch....Hmm
one louder.