News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by pickdropper, July 22, 2016, 12:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on July 22, 2016, 01:05:19 PM
You know I love that color! Maybe I'll get to play it at the next FFX Annual Shareholders' Meeting.  ;D

I hope I can fit all the guitars in my carry-on.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: beneharris on July 22, 2016, 02:43:45 PM
That looks really good. If the natural binding on there is the one warmoth did, they really do a great job on theirs.

Yeah, Warmoth did the binding.  I quite like it.

It's an interesting contrast between the natural binding on my G&L legacy.  The Warmoth body was obviously masked and painted, which looks clean but leaves an edge.  G&L does a scraped wood binding, which leaves no edge, which is nice.

Overall, I really like it.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on July 22, 2016, 05:48:01 PM
Easily one of the snazziest custom Teles I've ever seen. Everything woks together perfectly.
If you swap out the pickups down the road, you gotta keep those white pickup covers - really ties it together. Superb!

Yeah, I was actually thinking about that.  The covers go with these pickups, though.  EMGs are potted.

But yeah, I really dig how it all fits together visually.  I also think it sounds great.  It's still the honeymoon period, but this might actually be one of my best playing guitars as well.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on July 22, 2016, 07:05:37 PM
Very nice.  Reminds of the Robin T-style guitars back in the day.  The binding is stunning.

It's funny, the binding is a subtle thing, but it sort of makes the look for me.  It goes well with the neck.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: Aleph Null on July 22, 2016, 09:06:55 PM
I have an EMG T set my Thinline baritone and absolutely love them. They definitely sound different than a traditional tele pickup, but I think they convey more of the harmonic complexity of the instrument.

Also, that's a great color!

That's a good description, about the harmonic complexity.  In some ways, they are sort of more hi-fi than most tele pickups.  They give up a little bit of the rawness, but they do other things that normal tele pickups don't do.  I can certainly cover a lot of different genres with these.

Who knows what will happen down the road, but I'm going to leave them for a while.  I'm enjoying them.
Function f(x)

GrindCustoms

I could easily do with a Tele like that! Nice color and the neck is stunning!  8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 26, 2016, 05:06:52 PM
I could easily do with a Tele like that! Nice color and the neck is stunning!  8)

Basically this.  Not a huge tele fan , but for this I could certainly make an exception... well played sir

Leevibe

I know this is an aging thread, but I've been away.

I love everything about this guitar! Well, I do like to see pole pieces, but that's just silliness. The color is amazing and I have been wanting to do a contoured tele.

Stomptown

I LOVE the Carolina blue.  Just stunning.  And that neck is just beautiful.

pickdropper

Thanks guys.  I've been enjoying the hell out of it.
Function f(x)