News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serenity Now

Started by pickdropper, January 05, 2014, 11:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warriorpoet

Beautiful!

I like the NE5532 better than the AD712s, but my favorite is the TLC2272.

What PCB is that in your 1590A build?  How did you get that GORGEOUS silver lettering?
Mzo.FX, Owner

selfdestroyer

Every time I see this title I think of the Seinfeld show. "Serenity Now!"

Roctopus

Fantastic build bro! Love it, love it, love it!

pickdropper

Quote from: warriorpoet on January 07, 2014, 11:29:16 PM
Beautiful!

I like the NE5532 better than the AD712s, but my favorite is the TLC2272.

What PCB is that in your 1590A build?  How did you get that GORGEOUS silver lettering?

Thanks.  The PCB is my own layout.  I have a few more than I need , so I will probably put them in the for sale section in a day or two.

The silver is actually the enclosure itself.  I etched off the powder coat with a laser engraver.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 07, 2014, 11:31:02 PM
Every time I see this title I think of the Seinfeld show. "Serenity now"

That was the inspiration.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

micromegas

Beautiful as always!! I really dig that transparent blue finish... and the laser etching is just something that gives  class to your builds.

As I've commented on one of this year's PIFs, my first build was a Serendipity and has been in my board since then. I finished a NOC3 Firefly I got from Nick last week and I'm falling in love with it. It is similar to the Zendrive but with mosfets as hard clippers an a tone control like the big muff one. It does not have too much gain as the ZD has, but is more versatile and sustains really nice.

I encourage all the ZD lovers to try it (the schematic is at FSB and I think I shared it here in october).
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

claytushaywood

Quote from: ncdb07 on January 06, 2014, 12:11:21 AM
Very nice! I found to get it to sound exact the Fairchild 2n7000's were necessary and the opamp is a Ne5532p.

I took my buddies original Zendrive apart and thats what was in his. I used Madbean's layout etched by Haberdasher. It was spot on.

ncdb07
Daniel

sorry i just saw this... how did you know your buddies zen drive had an ne5532?  taking pics of that would end a lot of debate on this topic (well it used to be a debate back in the day... i think it just faded out with "these opamps sound close")  I'd love to hear your experience!

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk