News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

how much dough do you spend a month on this addiction?

Started by danwelsh, February 02, 2014, 08:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

pietro_moog

a lot. i'm not sure, i'm not counting. but the worst for me is that i don't build just pedal, i do amps and studio stuff like compressors, preamps, eq. it is a mess. i decided to let go a lot of stuff in the next months, i need to make so money back. i have a 18w marshall style amp and a few pedals to sell, but i need to finish some of the them.
i'll put something for sale even on the forum. last year i sold 2 neve 1073 that i made for myself. it was sad but i needed cash. so far i have spent probably 10k € in 5 years..

raulduke

I try not to keep track to be honest... I go through spurts though.

I'm 100% certain I spend more than I earn from selling my builds though  ;D

I tend to buy in bulk to save in the long term. I'm pretty much set at the moment for most things.

Smugtronix

Right now, zero (I'm at  college, and they frown upon soldering irons in the dorms....). When I'm home, I don't tend to spend a lot (maybe $20 per month)  because I build more circuits than I box.

flanagan0718

I'm at about $25-$30 a month. Not too bad for a newb!

gjcamann

About $100/month. When i do order i end up getting alot of stuff that i probably dont need just to make the shipping worth while. Someday this philosophy should start paying off...

mysticaxe

I'm probably in the $40-$50 range per month.  Haven't sold anything (except two pedals to a close friend).  Tayda does help keep the costs down while I figure out what works and what doesn't for me.