News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean Build

Started by BrianS, May 28, 2016, 11:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

This is the I believe my 4th variant of a Tube Screamer that I have built.  The other 3 just have never produced the sound I wanted and there was something always missing. I would put them on my board and try to pretend I liked them and would end up taking them back off. I never had a real one so nothing to compare the builds too. So I put this together last night and finished today.  I was hoping it wouldn't be like the others, to bright, not enough dirt, etc... etc... I normally won't put a pedal on my board till it is finished.  This pedal surprised me so much that it got boxed and is going on stage in the morning. It has the sound I've been looking for when I turn the tone down below half and adjust with my guitar.  It has just that right amount of dirt when I click on the LEDs and flip the fat switch. This one is a real winner IMO and if your looking for a pedal that will provide a reasonable amount of dirt thats not full blown over the edge this could be it. I build it using Madbean's version. And Brian if you view this thanks for the great design.

diablochris6

Nice build. Glad to see you didn't give up on the circuit and found a version that suits you. That's persistence!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Tuxedo3

This is awesome. Looks great and I love the setup of the inside. Keep it up man.

BrianS

Finished this up tonight. My printer ran out of red ink so it didn't print like it was supposed to but I just said to heck with it. It looks different. LOL.

jimilee

Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Nice build!

How do the green less sound? I think there are red ones in mine but I'm not totally pleased with how they sound.

BrianS

The green 3mm LEDs sounded great to me. That was while it was working. I plugged it in this morning and I get pass through but no effect when I turn it on.   >:( >:( >:( >:( I don't know what I did to it.  I went back and reflowed all the off board connections which did no good. Back to the troubleshooting drawing board (which I am termendously efficient at). Same thing happened when I replaced a pot on a Krypton Phaser which I destroyed in the process and it was such a great sounding pedal. GOSH!!!!!

Lubdar

I like the look of it! without the red ink it makes it look a little less distinguishable and it reminded me of John Carpenter's The Thing :)
(--c^.^)--c

culturejam

Nice. Love the graphics.  :)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Tuxedo3

This is an odd question, but it looks like your red and black wires for 9v are red to negative and black to positive. Am I just seeing that wrong?

jimilee

It's just twisted up real good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

Also remember when you're using those small 9v jacks the tip is negative so it looks backwards. The first time I used one I had it wired backwards and could not figure out why I was getting -9v in till the light in my dimming brain went on.