News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer trio!

Started by jalmonsalmon, January 29, 2014, 10:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalmonsalmon

Just before the holidays I purchased 3 Kingslayer boards, and had one I made for myself....
I gave this one away as a donation to my buds in FDJ in Jackson TN:
This one I traded for a pedal train board to my guitar player in my band:
The finished product: and mine is the one to the right with the sharpie writing LOL
I have one more board left that I will make later.
The Kingslayer that is in the big enclosure has another foot switch to turn on the overdrive because my guitar player did not want it on a toggle.... I wish my 'slayer was like that hahahhah, very consistent pedal, I tried all three and I cannot hear any differences between them.

Cheers!
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

Jabulani Jonny

Man those look great!  Be careful, I think I saw a bunch of resistors trying to climb on the switch on that first build.   ;D

Did you use 5mm LED's as a clipping option?  Any difference to 3mm LED's typically used? 

Jonathan

jimilee

Oohhh FDJ I saw those guys on the winter jam tour several years back. Very cool! Klon's look great too. I'm gonna have to build one since I lost mine.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jalmonsalmon

Those 5 mm LEDs have a great smooth clip to them and sound great! I encourage anyone to socket those and try whatever LEDS or diodes in that spot to taste. Yeah all those resistors on the 3PDT LOL... I had to make my own resistor values of 68k for the buffer, looks like they are going to multiply into more baby resistors hahaha. I may box up my 4th Kingslayer this weekend and try other diodes in it to see what I get... Very nice pedal IMO and I cannot be without one!
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

jimilee

Imma have to build one since I can't find the one I already built!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jalmonsalmon

mr MADBEAN is torturing me! 
Sunking II coming soon... you know I will have to make one of those too  :'(

THANKS mr. Madbean (my wife is a gonna kill me)
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .