News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just another "Fuzz Face"

Started by jimmybjj, December 29, 2011, 03:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Just a fuzz face :) On board TC1044 for -9 with a regular +9 supply. Empty components are for a mod that i'm still working on (translation= didn't use the bread board first :) Pulsar decals. Dormant copper (but like most of the sparkle colors, I can get it to show in the pics.) The decals are actually more gold and not white like the pictures show. I really need to learn to take better pics. 2n404 transistors.

Pcbs no longer available

jkokura

Cool Jimmy, I like how clean your pedal looks.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

JakeFuzz

Looks really good Jimmy. I built a fuzz face with this same color scheme. I really like it. How do those 404s sound? I like mine, gonna try a hybrid arrangement with them hopefully later next week.

Haberdasher

That pulsar stuff is pretty cool isn't it.  Kind of a pain sometimes, but very versatile!
Have you ever tried to put envirotex on top of it?  I was thinking about trying that so I'm curious if you have any info.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimmybjj

Thanks for the compliments guys. The 404's sound pretty good. I don't have anything to compare them to right now but to my ears they are on the darker side ( i've read that these are suppose to be a little on the treble side ) I'd be very interested to see (hear) the results of your hybrid arrangements.

The pulsar stuff is really cool and you can get some crazy results. But the damn stuff is freakin hard to use! I don't know if its just me but i had a rough time getting this stuff to cooperate :) The envirotex is great stuff but I don't think I will be using it for pedals anymore. I get much more consistent results with clear powder coatings.
Pcbs no longer available

Fastocker

Nice build, Jim --- color, graphics, wiring . . . everything.  I've built a few FF pedals (one is dormant copper, BTW) and the 2N404s have been my favorite sounding of the 'obtainable' transistors.  What PCB is that?

I just received my Pulsar Decal Pro FX kit but haven't used it yet . . . hopefully this weekend.  We might need to start a Pulsar Pro decal thread to help new users (like me!) --- when you say "the damn stuff is freakin hard to use", what do you mean?
Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

jimmybjj

Thanks. The PCB is my own, it's a work in progress.

The pulsar stuff is lsn't super hard but there is definitely not a lot of room for error. You need to follow the directions pretty closely, not a lot of wiggle room. The whole process is pretty delicate especially when you are trying to remove the decaled mylar from the carrier. Just follow the directions and you will be ok, it just might take a couple of tries :) this is my first go at it so I don't have any tips or shortcuts. Okeef might have some tips, he has had the kit for a little while.
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

I really like this one Jim!

I've got some FF boards I had made up on the way as well with the +9 to -9v conversion like you did!  I can't wait to try them out.  I've got a bunch of germ trannies to use up.

Very nice looking build!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Dude, your work is really reminding me of a very pro builder....
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Bret608

I would be really curious to hear how this sounds, either with two 2n404s or in a hybrid format. My Pepper Spray uses a 2n404 a 2n3565, and I have to wonder how these would sound in a different circuit.

The dormant copper looks fantastic...I think this may be a good color scheme for my upcoming Cosmo build (with JakeFuzz-supplied 2n1304)!