News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lab Series L5 preamp in a pedal

Started by aion, May 02, 2016, 01:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Cool, I'm definitely up for an enclosure if you will ship to Aus.
I already have the PCB that I ordered as soon as you released it.
Cheers

Orbis_Ignis

markeprice

Just ordered my board and nameplate.  I am definitely on the list for an enclosure.  Can't wait, and then, the Boss Chorus, I think I am addicted....
Cuz they's made for Giggin!
Mark Price: owner frogpedals.com

Jules

I am having trouble finding 2k audio taper pot in solid shaft for this project.
Could you tell me where you sourced yours or if I can put a resistor across the outer lugs to mimic the 2.5k A pots needed?
Thanks

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Donleo

If you end up with a extra enclosure, I'd buy it!

-Donleo

aion

Quote from: Jules on May 08, 2016, 05:48:01 AM
I am having trouble finding 2k audio taper pot in solid shaft for this project.
Could you tell me where you sourced yours or if I can put a resistor across the outer lugs to mimic the 2.5k A pots needed?
Thanks

Here's one that's the exact value in Europe... only place I've found that has the 2.5k value: (not PCB mount though)
http://uk-electronic.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=1080

On mine, I think I ended up using the 2k from Tayda, splined shaft, and just using a standard set-screw knob. If you break off the little rotational tab and put that in the slot of the splined shaft, it stabilizes it and makes it work great with set screws.

Or, based on this...
http://www.diystompboxes.com/analogalchemy/emh/emh.html

...you could use a 5k linear pot and then put a 22.5k resistor across two lugs and 270R across the other two, and that should get you pretty close to 2.5k log. Haven't tested this though!

Drew Hallenbeck

Got my boards yesterday, they look absolutely awesome, can't wait to get one of these finished up!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

aion

So, international shipping is going to be really tricky for this one.

The enclosures (Mammoth 4S6500) will be 8 or 9 oz. each, at least based on my rough estimates weighing an unpainted Hammond 1590XX enclosure, which is very slightly bigger than the 4S6500.

8 oz. total package weight is the point at which international package shipping jumps from $12.50 to $25. Allow 2-3 oz for the box and packing materials and we're at 11 to 12 oz. for the whole package.

Does anyone know of any cheaper shipping methods that I could look into? $25 is kind of a deal breaker.

galaxiex

Can't help with a cheaper shipping option.
Just wanted to say that I'll pay the 25.00 for international shipping.
Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering.

Jules

It would still be cheaper than me ordering one from Pedal Parts Plus printed, painted and having it shipped to Aus I think. I might stock up on some other Aion boards too.

aion

Yes, at that price I could certainly stuff the package full of other boards as well. I think it stays at $25 until you hit around 16 oz.

Timko

If you put together a kit with boards + enclosure + label I would be all over it.  I'd also pick up an enclosure alone if there's a group buy for it.

Isaiah

25USD shipping to the UK is expensive but doesn't put me off.
I'll be ordering my PCB and logo plate at the same time as the enclosure anyway.

markeprice

Just got my boards (there are three) and the nameplate and screws.  Man, they look great and can't wait to get this populated and then when the enclosure is available it'll be great!  Kevin is a master at laying out these boards, of course I see PCBs populated or not as art!  Packaged very precisely/organized for shipping too!  Thanks man, you set a hard example to follow for DIY PCB makers!
Cuz they's made for Giggin!
Mark Price: owner frogpedals.com