Main Menu

AquaBoy 2010 (MN3005 version)

Started by Stomptown, December 12, 2013, 04:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Quote from: Scruffie on December 12, 2013, 10:21:01 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 12, 2013, 08:58:36 PM
Jon,

What pump are you using in there? Looks like a TC. Would think the LT1054 would be the only pump able to handle that kind of mA current.

Sweet build as always!!!
The DM-2 isn't as bad as a memory man, not sure exactly what its current draw is but a 20mA chip might cut it close.
Be interesting to find out.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize it might be an issue. I haven't had any problems but I will probably take it out until I can get an LT just to be safe.  :P

Scruffie

You'd mainly experience issues at shorter delay times (current draw increases as frequency does) if you're not, probably fine.
Works at Lectric-FX

Stomptown

Quote from: Scruffie on December 13, 2013, 02:00:26 AM
You'd mainly experience issues at shorter delay times (current draw increases as frequency does) if you're not, probably fine.
what would the symptoms be?

Scruffie

Quote from: Stomptown on December 13, 2013, 02:21:13 AM
Most likely... it'd stop delaying or the delay would sound messed up and the 15v regulator output would get pulled down.

You could measure its current draw if you're worried... but I wouldn't worry about it.
Works at Lectric-FX

Stomptown

Quote from: Scruffie on December 13, 2013, 02:41:12 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on December 13, 2013, 02:21:13 AM
Most likely... it'd stop delaying or the delay would sound messed up and the 15v regulator output would get pulled down.

You could measure its current draw if you're worried... but I wouldn't worry about it.
So I boxed it up and never got to play it at a loud volume with the road rage before tonight. There is an odd sound at the end of the repeats that was not there before I boxed it (running 9V at that point). I pulled the road rage and the sound is gone. I guess I will have to get an LT and try that out. Otherwise, I will just run it at 9V. I also have a BBD doubler on the way from Oshpark (thanks for the share Aballen) so I needed to relocate the road rage anyhow...

Scruffie

How did it sound, that could just be heterodyning clocks...

However as the LT is at a higher frequency if I recall it'll probably help anyway.
Works at Lectric-FX

Stomptown

Quote from: Scruffie on December 13, 2013, 04:05:33 AM
How did it sound, that could just be heterodyning clocks...

However as the LT is at a higher frequency if I recall it'll probably help anyway.
It's as if a note is separating in two as the repeat decays. Very robotic sounding. You know the sound that transformers make when they transform? Kind of like that! That's the best I can really explain it and I already took it out so I can't get any audio.

richard_mcg

The knob selection and finish is a work of art!! ;D