News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer

Started by fish22, March 24, 2013, 12:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish22

I haven't posted a build in awhile so heres my Kingslayer! This is a wonderful OD, but most of you probably know that. I didn't really put a whole lot of effort into wiring neatly because I was so ready to try it! This is really a great sounding build I'd recommend to everyone!  ;D

Hi, my name is Wyatt.

jprizz

Very nice! Very clean look.

gtangas

love the color!!!

Nicer than the sunking?

pickdropper

Nice build, Fish.  That is one of my favorite enclosure colors.  It always looks good.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

It looks like finely polished wood, to me :)

Now I'm tempted to build another Kingslayer, just to have better looking insides!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

culturejam

That's a sharp build. Love the color and the contrast of the knobs.

Is that wire the Radio Shack multi-gang stuff? I use it quite a lot.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

fish22

Yeah its the radio shack stuff. I actually didn't really care for it. All the wire is solid core on this one, which I've never tried before.  It's really stiff and hard to work with IMO. Maybe I just need more practice with it...I finished up a Cosmo today with normal stranded wire and I prefer it just because it is more pliable.

Also, I've never tried a Sunking so I can't really comment on whether or not it is better.
I have built a few other klones and I prefer this one because of the diode switching. The LEDs make it sound bigger and more aggressive. It's like a klon with extra goodies. The base tone is basically klon, but the diode switching options add different flavors to it. It's pretty versatile.

Thank you for the kind words, guys!
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

mjcyates

Very elegant look. Love it!

fendman

Do you have the Part No for the shorter of the two switches  either OD or  clip. Probably the OD switch??

Nice Build... To quote "pickdropper" another on my eventually list :)

Thanks
Mike

Looking at it again maybe its the tone switch, as the other switch is horizontal meaning on/off/on  which is OD
Anyway you know what I mean :)

fish22

Quote from: fendman on March 24, 2013, 07:53:02 PM
Do you have the Part No for the shorter of the two switches  either OD or  clip. Probably the OD switch??

I'm pretty sure I used this one for the short switch. It's the diode switching one.
http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4STS-1MS3T2B1M1QE-1MS3T2B1M1QE-p/810-1008.htm
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

Rip57

Wow, dig the reflection of the knobs in the case. Beautiful work.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

fish22

Thank you guys for the kind words.
Hi, my name is Wyatt.

selfdestroyer

The only problem I see with this build is I would hate to step on it.. just looks too beautiful. Very nice build.