News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Andromeda Overdrive

Started by Timko, December 19, 2017, 05:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

I finished u my 4th build of the Andromeda Overdrive. This one is for my college roommate's girlfriend's father (it's a bit confusing). He's a big country player, so I though he'd like something on a bunch of Nashville season musicans' boards.

This is also the first enclosure etch I've done with this circuit as all of my artwork has turned to etching. I'm quite happy with the way the lines turned out. The symbols are a nod to the Michael Critchon book and 70s movie 'The Andromeda Strain.'  The control labels were way too close to the drill holes so I had to use those mini knobs. They are super tough to turn. Is the a way to wrk them in?  I prefer bigger knobs but I like the etch enough to not want to re-do it.

blearyeyes

Nice one! I like the etch as well...

jimilee

Nice job man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BrianS

sjaustin

Looks great! Reminds me I have an Andromeda build that isn't working that I was hoping to get up to speed as a Christmas gift for my dad's new-in-2017 Telecaster. Probably too late now. Dang it!

thesmokingman

if they're tough to turn it is usually because the grub screw is engaging the part of the pot shaft that doesn't turn. lift the knob a hair and tighten back down
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

stringsthings

Nice etch!  The vibe of the pedal is very sci-fi.

Quote from: thesmokingman on December 19, 2017, 04:33:25 PM
if they're tough to turn it is usually because the grub screw is engaging the part of the pot shaft that doesn't turn. lift the knob a hair and tighten back down

+1

I've run into this problem several times and this is the solution.
All You Need Is Love

EBK

A fun way to reliably lift the knobs a bit is to order some Chinese food and cut small sections of chopstick to sit on top of the pot shaft.  I suppose you could call them pot-stick-ers. ;)
I've done this on a couple builds.

(I should probably grab my coat....)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Boba7

That looks beautiful! But careful with the jacks, they seem about to short each other...

Timko

Quote from: Boba7 on December 21, 2017, 07:20:26 PM
That looks beautiful! But careful with the jacks, they seem about to short each other...

They're almost drilled too close, but I got lucky.  This is why you don't drill jack holes without a template folks...