News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My daughter has some crazy graphic design skills

Started by Bret608, September 28, 2017, 08:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hi everyone! Couldn't help sharing this. My 13-year-old daughter is a big fan of Anime/Manga, and she has been teaching herself to use a graphic design program called Clip Studio that is more or less specific to those genres. She's already an amazing traditional illustrator, but as I've watched her skills progress, I wondered if this program could interface with, well, Illustrator, which I use for my pedal labeling. Although not vector-based, turns out it works pretty well. She did this image based on the show Tokyo Ghoul for me and saved it as a .png file. I've been trying it out with various projects I'm working on to see which pedal the theme seems to work with. Still not totally sure, but this is one we tried out for the V-Fuzz board I've had populated for ages. Never mind the odd placement on the page...just maximizing waterslide decal real estate! Anyway, enjoy...

mrclean77

That's pretty cool! It's also gotta be convenient to have an artist you can get help from AND the software will save files you can use without having to do a song-and-dance, win-win-win!  8)

Bret608

It is convenient! Glad you like it. Forgot to mention, she uses a Wacom tablet to draw this stuff. She makes it look as easy as drawing on paper. I personally do not have the hand-eye coordination to do it!

brianq41369

Nice, my daughter is also a big fan of Tokyo ghoul!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bret608

Cool! Mine got me interested in seeing the live action adaptation if it becomes available stateside. I like the song from the soundtrack!  :)

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Bret608

Thanks Jason! I'm hoping to attach another one she did that has some colors and details going, but the file size is way beyond the limit. Let me see if I can shrink this thing down...