Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Instagram

Started by madbean, August 19, 2018, 05:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on December 10, 2023, 04:30:21 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 10, 2023, 03:54:48 AM
I think that what IG scrollers are after is not what a professional photographer would think is needed, you're dealing with sweepers that have 1 second at most of attention span, you have to instantly get their attention without giving it all at once, otherwise they will just swipe to the next. By keeping a bit on the back end, you force that attention to stop on the matter at hand and swipe through your post. Now that you've satisfied the curiosity, you get a like and if you're able to get them to stop that way at each of your postings, you'll get a new followers.
I agree. If you can run it through a filter, like maybe the enhance in photoshop, you can enhance the reds making them a little more vivid. I like shiny and colorful things. But then again, I am a bass player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice mate but... ...i posted this picture as an example of how i tackle my Instagram account posting with other details pertinent as to keep the posts pertinent and relevant in the algorithm on the long term run. If you look at posts by other members prior to me posting that reply, i was asked to expand on how i manage those thing so that's what i did.

Also, going through photoshop, filters and whatever, it's diminutive results for the time and actual gain obtained, keeping it simple is what works. Unless you actually have an account on which the content produced is highly focused on photography and that you've build up a niche audience for that particular type of content. But the goal here is more about getting new followers in by using the visual impact to then lead them to the media you're promoting.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/