News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Six Demon Bag

Started by G.G., December 12, 2021, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Hey gang, here's a Monolith Oracle fuzz I finally got all put together recently. Several years back I bought some 2N1309s by mistake and had always hoped to be able to use them in a build someday. I recently saw a layout for the Oracle which uses PNPs and still works with negative ground power, the 1309s sound great in there. Closing out 2021 with a nod to one of my favorite films of all time Big Trouble in Little China because why not. :-D

matmosphere

Nice! I instantly recognized the name!! Used to love that movie but I haven't seen it in like 25 years or so. Wonder how it holds up.

zombie_rock123

Looks awesome, love the colour! How's it sound?!
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

G.G.

The sound is pretty squarely in the Tonebender lane, the tone control (Peasant Magic)  has a pretty good range as does the fuzz control. The switch does. ... something. . . . can't quite put my finger what exactly, it's pretty subtle. Definitely worth a build if you have some PNPs and don't want to hassle with a voltage inverter.
Quote from: zombie_rock123 on December 12, 2021, 10:19:15 PM
Looks awesome, love the colour! How's it sound?!

G.G.

Quote from: matmosphere on December 12, 2021, 09:34:36 PM
Nice! I instantly recognized the name!! Used to love that movie but I haven't seen it in like 25 years or so. Wonder how it holds up.

I watched it recently with my then-19 year old, he was looking at me like WTH is this, so I had to tell him it's supposed to be kind of tongue-in-cheek. Still a very fun movie even without modern FX. I heard the studios were considering a re-make, which I hope they don't because the movie is fine as-is and if you can't have Kurt Russell as Jack Burton then why bother. I would really like to see someone like HBO do a martial arts/Witcher mashup with a young Egg Shen. Would totally watch that.

pickdropper

Quote from: G.G. on December 13, 2021, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: matmosphere on December 12, 2021, 09:34:36 PM

I watched it recently with my then-19 year old, he was looking at me like WTH is this, so I had to tell him it's supposed to be kind of tongue-in-cheek. Still a very fun movie even without modern FX. I heard the studios were considering a re-make, which I hope they don't because the movie is fine as-is and if you can't have Kurt Russell as Jack Burton then why bother. I would really like to see someone like HBO do a martial arts/Witcher mashup with a young Egg Shen. Would totally watch that.

I saw that with a friend in the theater when I was in junior high and I've loved it ever since.  We still get together with a third friend and watch it every couple of years.

Someone gave me a 6 Demon Bag t-shirt for Christmas a few years back.  Classic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper