News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I made a OneShot!

Started by G.G., June 18, 2023, 11:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Haven't seen any build reports on this so I thought I would put one up. It sounds quite good! I really like the flat mids mode, my only quibble is that I wish it had a touch more gain in flat mids mode. The Silicon and Mosfet clipping sound pretty similar to me, only slightly different but I think I prefer Mosfet. Overall it's a very nice sound. I think it will end up on my board if I can figure out which other pedal to bump off. :-D I had a little trouble with electrolytics that were too tall for my 1590b, other than that it went right in.

jimilee

That's very killer. Great pedal, I built one when they were released, but my build reports are not detailed, picture only. Your description is right on, nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

Looks good! What's the story behind the artwork?

culturejam

Great build!

In my listening/testing experience, MosFET clipping (the kind with a series diode to force the fet to clip instead of the body diode) sounds a bit like LEDs but is a little bit more compressed.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jessenator

I'm loving this, inside and out! I think I'll have to get around to the OneShot one of these days.

G.G.

Quote from: Aleph Null on June 19, 2023, 03:22:31 PM
Looks good! What's the story behind the artwork?
According to the build documentation it's basically a TS with some mods, so I was going with that "Oh OK, I see" theme. Having said that, it is a very useable TS with some worthwhile mods that all fits in a 1590b.

G.G.

any suggestions for how to get a little more output volume on this? I'm trying to get parity with the rest of the stuff on my board and it's just not quite there.

G.G.

I added a little vero DOD FET Preamp 210 on the front with a trimmer for the volume, just the right amount of extra volume and a little more grit. Sounds quite good together!

jimilee

Excellent build. Nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Great build!  I like this board and you've done it great justice.  How do you do the smd caps?  Solder leads to the pads?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

G.G.

If you very carefully unbend the little lead tabs you can remove the plastic base at the bottom of the cap. That gives you just enough leads to extend through the board and solder on.