News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush - Fabbed PCB

Started by nzCdog, September 20, 2011, 08:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

This is by second D/F build, this time for a buddy... using madbean's fabbed version of this tremolo.

Poindexter again mixing up the right amount of blue potion... to match the blue LED.  Dang, white is a hard finish to get right!

I used standard PCB mount pots with 'condoms' and used old component-lead trimmings to connect them to the pcb... once I figured out how I was going to do it, this was a fast and easy wire-up.  I had to lie most of the caps down on the board to fit it in the enclosure this time, but it works a treat and sounds good.

JeffdaMaori

Great job Corey, looks fab! I'm sure it sound sweet too...!
I'm thinking of building one, which LDR / LED combo did you use to get it going?
Any particular LDR that you got there? Cheers.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

That looks great dude!
I love the DF, what a great sounding trem.
I used a diffused yellow led in mine with a tayda ldr.  The outer led indicator used seems to change the sound some as well.  I thought a diffused green sounded the best, but another yellow one sounded great too.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

nzCdog

Thanks guys! :)

For this one I used a clear 5mm Red LED from Tayda and this miniature photocell from Futurlec I got a while ago.  http://www.futurlec.com.au/Photocells.jsp  Ultrabright Blue indicator LED.

The earlier build using a handmade board I used a different LDR, the futurlec 'photocell' type on the same page...  The indicator LED was Yellow.  I reckon my first one sounds a bit better, but both sound good.  Interesting how these things add up to a difference in sound.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's the guy on your Pointdexter!  :D
After building a Tremelus Lune, I've been wanting to build and play one of these. I'm sure it would knock my EA tremolo off my board. Anyways great job, looks neat inside and the outside finish is done very well.  :)

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 20, 2011, 01:35:56 PM
The outer led indicator used seems to change the sound some as well.
Kinda strange, never would have imagined that. Was it a big noticeable change?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 21, 2011, 08:20:08 AM
That's the guy on your Pointdexter!  :D
After building a Tremelus Lune, I've been wanting to build and play one of these. I'm sure it would knock my EA tremolo off my board. Anyways great job, looks neat inside and the outside finish is done very well.  :)
Thanks bro!   Yea its the same guy, his name is Poindexter from the Felix cartoons... My friend liked the look of the other pedal, so thats how it came about :)