News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your suggestions for etching projects

Started by madbean, November 15, 2013, 02:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm really surprised I managed to pull this one off. It has a lot of parts and interconnectedness which proved challenging. I wanna build this, for sure. It's an MP Forrest Green comp.

Scruffie

An etchable 3007 Electric Mistress (current lover) without the volume pot (trim instead) and a charge pump on board with board mounted pots so it can be mounted sideways in a 1590BB and look like a tiny Deluxe Electric Mistress with top mounted jacks/switch... preferably with room for a battery too.

By no chance am I currently struggling to do a layout exactly like this  8)

A 3207 MXR Micro Chorus...

Have you done a Mosrite Fuzzrite?

EHX Hot Tubes? Deluxe Big Muff?
Works at Lectric-FX

selfdestroyer

Quote from: madbean on December 03, 2013, 02:56:16 PM
I'm really surprised I managed to pull this one off. It has a lot of parts and interconnectedness which proved challenging. I wanna build this, for sure. It's an MP Forrest Green comp.

That layout is beautiful. This will fix my compressor needs for sure. Brian, I have been on the edge of my seat so long, my butt hurts. This is going to be crazy when all said and done!

lincolnic

Quote from: Scruffie on December 03, 2013, 03:15:17 PM

This reminded me - how about some kind of Maestro fuzz? (FZ-1?) Maybe with some built-in regulator action to get the voltage right?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: lincolnic on December 03, 2013, 06:42:28 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on December 03, 2013, 03:15:17 PM

This reminded me - how about some kind of Maestro fuzz? (FZ-1?) Maybe with some built-in regulator action to get the voltage right?

Timbo did a great schematic of the FZ-1A with the -1.5v here http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=11500.0

I would love to see this get the light of day. I was trying to help him with it in eagle but I have the hardest time with IC routing that I was getting so frustrated. I am still learning the whole PCB layout thing and it makes me want to punch babies.. no literally but you get the idea.

Maybe this can be made up also.

billstein

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 03, 2013, 06:14:19 PM
Quote from: madbean on December 03, 2013, 02:56:16 PM

Brian, I have been on the edge of my seat so long, my butt hurts. This is going to be crazy when all said and done!

I know! I'm checking this site constantly hoping for the projects to hit. I just received my order for copper clad in anticipation.

This must be what my dog feels like when somebody mentions going for a walk and then he has to wait. He can't contain the excitement. Now I understand him much better. Brian has said we're going for a walk and I'm standing at the front door waiting. I think I need help.

Govmnt_Lacky

How about a good etchable SMPS design!  8)

A compliment to the Road Rage on the 3PDT stomp idea!  ;)

madbean

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on December 03, 2013, 08:30:41 PM
How about a good etchable SMPS design!  8)

A compliment to the Road Rage on the 3PDT stomp idea!  ;)

I'm a little hesitant on doing high voltage stuff (not for me but for a general audience) but I'll consider it, of course.

madbean

A little Hot Tubes goin' on here. Also, I think I do have a Double Muff layout already...I'll look.

pietro_moog

mu-tron phasor 2 !! a great phaser. maybe with a couple of tl074 to save space

Gledison

If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

madbean

Quote from: Gledison on December 06, 2013, 11:23:49 AM
Pork loin :P

You know, I've seen a schematic for that. Did anyone ever trace it?

madbean

Quote from: pietro_moog on December 06, 2013, 11:01:22 AM
mu-tron phasor 2 !! a great phaser. maybe with a couple of tl074 to save space

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6749.msg59703#msg59703

I'll be updating this layout with everything else, but it will be pretty much the same.

madbean

Here's the Double Muff. I made a couple of mods...changed the output caps to film, beefed up the PS filtering, etc. Main thing was using a DPDT for the switching between 1 and 2 stages with the second stage being fully bypass-able and input grounded. I don't like leaving loads on the outputs of circuits when you aren't using them for anything, so it seemed like the thing to do.

I had another idea for a mod on this. I have a little swell circuit (taken from the Perscription Electronics fuzz) that you could insert between the stages with another DPDT. So, you could have output swell from stage 1, or swell going into stage 2 or no swell. Not sure how well the circuit works in this setting but I'll give it a try.

selfdestroyer