News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED Strip Workbench Lighting Advice

Started by chromesphere, September 03, 2014, 04:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

OK!  Let me start by saying "may the force be with you".  I don't know...kind of looked like a light saber.

Anyway, impossible to tell how bright it is from a photo but its pretty bright imo.  We are looking at 3 x 30cm's here (so 90cm) and im powering it with a 1.5a 12v dc power adapter (left some headroom, didn't want to blow the power adapter).  So, I think I spent around 16-18 dollars for all the connectors, strip etc (so far).

Now I need to turn it off, giving me a headache lol

EDIT: Just tested the dimmer.  Doesn't work.  I think perhaps its expecting a certain amount of power output (ahh...input).  It doesn't dim.  Looks like its TRYING to dim, but reverts back to 100% after 1 second delay.  Anyway, avoid that one probably.

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

ggarms

Paul, great project. Any way we can implement tap into this?

chromesphere

I was thinking of some sort of light plate actually.  BLIND THE CROWD

drolo

and no need for stage light anymore :-)

So it seems it is bright enough for a workbench. Cool I will be ordering something similar. With  the spare strip I can even build a lightsaber then, for my kid ( ...ehm ... me ... )

Thanks for the info!

chromesphere

Finally got around to uploading the video about his strip lighting.  What can i say.  Im a completionist :)  Heres the info and a visual demo of the gear i linked to above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY0dY1btJ14&list=UUGhzS1GbX-yxyBrUJtnUMoA