News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

WIP: Strymon TimeLine TouchOSC Control

Started by irmcdermott, July 02, 2014, 08:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

So, I like learning new things. I saw a video of a guy who made a template in TouchOSC to control his iPad. Looked pretty cool, so I thought I would give it a try. I already have the M-Audio Uno to update my firmware and use the SPL, and an Apple Camera Connection Kit (basically just a USB female to 30 pin adapter), so I figured why not. Bought the TouchOSC app for like $5 and got to it.

The main reason I'm doing this is because I like to mess around with presets, create my own, but I can be kind of lazy and hate having to bend down to turn knobs, and navigate the parameters, etc. So, if it all works (which so far it is), I'll share it. If anyone else has messed around with this stuff, let me know, I'd love to pick your brain on some things I'm curious about.

Only been messing with the dTape setting right now, but my thought is that the main 7 knobs, the tap division, boost, and trails (persist), along with the looper, and banking will be on all 12 pages, and then the differences will be the specific parameters for each delay machine. It's really fun!

Here is a screen shot of where I'm at so far.

selfdestroyer

Very cool Ian, I think this is a great candidate for the new Misc DIY Stuff section.

I can help test this out if you like since I have TouchOSC and a Timeline available. I used TouchOSC awhile ago for Ableton back in the day but never got really deep with it. Maybe one for the Big Sky also would be useful. hmm

Cody

jtn191

Nice! I use TouchOSC with Reaper and it works very well. The most useful features are being able to hit record remotely or mix without looking at the DAW. I don't know how/if it would work with Strymon stuff...the OSC protocol is similar to midi but different, and transmitted over a network.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

irmcdermott

So far so good. The Bank Up/Down part in the bottom right isn't working. Both with toggle and push buttons it'll scroll banks, but the A and B won't work independently. But it's controlling everything. Going to keep trucking along.